Theses related posts may be helpful for you
- Best Waterproof Fitness Trackers reviews [updated 2017]
- Finding the Best Workout Watches 2017
- Best Calorie Counter Watches Review [updated 2017]
- Best Heart Rate Monitor Watches Review [updated 2017]
- 2017 Best Sport Watches for Men reviews
- 2017 Best Sport Watches for Women reviews
- The Best Cheap Fitness Accessories You Should Have
- Top 10 Best Fitness Tracker Apps Reviews
- 2017 Best Fitness Tracker for Kids review
Garmin Forerunner 220: The ideal trade-off between simplicity & sophistication. GPS-enabled fitness trackers rule the roost in the modern times and it is easy to see why. Smartwatches supporting a GPS function, lend better guidance to your fitness, by tracking your workout routes and allowing you to plan workouts to your satisfaction. The Garmin Forerunner 220 is no different, it is a solid workout wearable, which includes a compatible interface for your smartphone, and syncs your fitness metrics, after every session of exercise. It also has wireless sync features, to pair up with heart rate checkers and lend accurate cardio training. Its bright and easy-to-read display allows you to read wrist notifications, without pausing from workouts.
Keep reading the Garmin Forerunner 220 review to know more!
I. Main features
- Design: Garmin Forerunner 220 features a striking bright screen display, held over the standard design of a sports watch. It looks smart and can be worn all day without discomfort.
- Performance: Forerunner 220, with its GPS system and accelerometer, maps your jogging routes efficiently, without losing signal even for a second. It is a premium fitness tracker to bits, as it provides intensive coverage of fitness measurement.
- Compatibility: It can connect easily with compatible smartphones and sync minute-to-minute updates of your workout metrics automatically.
- Battery life: Forerunner 220 can last up to 7 weeks on a single charge, but in the GPS active mode, it survives for only ten hours, before draining out.
The Garmin Forerunner 220 is a smartwatch, that is the perfect blend of desirable qualities. Easy to operate, sync and read, it provides accurate fitness tracking, owing to its apps and GPS. Forerunner 220 not only monitors your fitness activities diligently, but also stores them for further analysis. At one time, it can recover up to 200 hours of workout metrics, that too in the form of a detailed summary, that is easy to read and decipher.
III. Pros & Cons
- With the big, bold screen display of the Forerunner 220, you can very well look up your pace for every mile you cover, throughout the runs, without taking breaks.
- The Forerunner 220 is water-resistant till a depth of thirty feet, that makes it apt for use anywhere, without the fear of liquid damage.
- It can sync automatically with your smartphone, to update fitness stats. Also it pairs up with external heart rate monitors, without any fuss. This lends you a more holistic workout guidance.
- Due to its accurate and efficient GPS, the Forerunner 220 tracks runs and distance during the entire period of time.
- The Bluetooth syncing tends to get finicky at times, with no apparent reason whatsoever. This may hamper connectivity when you need it the most.
- The app featured by the Garmin Forerunner 220, cannot carry out the conversion of miles into step count. However this is very minor drawback and does not compromise with its overall fitness measurement.
The bottom line of the Garmin Forerunner 220 review, is that the Forerunner 220 is an extremely capable, GPS-equipped mid-priced watch, that stands apart from it competitors, due its ability to carry out effortless and automatic syncing of your fitness metrics with your smartphone. As a fitness monitor, it is a solid device that tracks your caloric burn, along with routes and overall performance. Its wireless syncing features with compatible heart rate monitors, somewhat erase its flaw of lacking an in-built heart rate sensor. Whether you wish to keep tabs on your daily workouts or train with determination for the upcoming race, the Garmin Forerunner 220 is the watch worth wearing.