Theses related posts may be helpful for you
- Best Waterproof Fitness Trackers reviews [updated 2017]
- Finding the Best Workout Watches 2017
- Best Calorie Counter Watches Review [updated 2017]
- Best Heart Rate Monitor Watches Review [updated 2017]
- 2017 Best Sport Watches for Men reviews
- 2017 Best Sport Watches for Women reviews
- The Best Cheap Fitness Accessories You Should Have
- Top 10 Best Fitness Tracker Apps Reviews
- 2017 Best Fitness Tracker for Kids review
The Garmin Forerunner 310XT: A multisport watch par excellence.
A multi-functional GPS-equipped workout wearable, the Garmin Forerunner 310XT goes seamlessly from bike to swim to run, simply with the push of a button. Designed exceptionally for triathlon functions, this fitness tracker features a sleek, minimalistic design, with versatile colour options. The Forerunner 310XT also comes enabled with an ANT+ wireless technology, which promises easy transfer of fitness data across compatible smartphones.
Keep reading the Garmin Forerunner 310XT review to know more!
I. Main features
- Manual Setup: The Forerunner 310XT flaunts an easy initial setup, which incorporate separate screens to mediate the three different functions of a triathlon. The menu can be optimized to contain basic information like age, sex, gender and fitness level.
- Cycling: Forunner 310XT supports GPS and wireless ANT+ features, that makes it capable of performing as a cyclic computer. It can be used to track cadence and HR with accuracy.
- Tracks Running: The Forerunner 310XT tracks comprehensive performance data while running. Like several other GPS-equipped running wearable’s, this one too renders instant feedback on speed, distance, pace and of course caloric burn.
- Auto Multisport feature: This unique attribute makes the Forerunner 310XT a desirable watch for triathletes. With a simple push of the lap button, it can automatically make a transition across each of the three disciplines of a triathlon race.
- Wireless data transfer: This watch brags of an ANT+ compatibility and comes with an additional accessory, the USB dongle, which automatically transfers all workout data into the computer, by using the ANT Agent by Garmin.
- Battery Life: The battery life of the Forerunner 310XT is moderate, with around 20 hours of thorough use in between charges. The coin cell battery requires only a single replacement every 11 months.
With additional accessories, Forerunner 310XT may be used to record heart rate and pace of heat beat too. As a multisport watch, it has achieved considerable recognition, owing it simplicity of design and high-end operations, thus rendering it as one of the most sought after workout wearables for dedicated triatheletes.
III. Pros & Cons
- The Forerunner 310XT flaunts a design that oozes understated elegance. It is a versatile watch, in the sense that it comes in a variety of colours, apart from blazing orange.
- It is great for beginners, as the menus are intuitive and navigation is pretty easy, owing to the simplicity of the setup.
- Forerunner 310XT is not just water-resistant, it is also waterproof, which means that it can be worn up to a depth of 50 metres, to track performance while swimming.
- The Forerunner 310XT incorporates auto multisport features, which allow it to transit easily across the three laps of a triathlon by a simply button. The 310XT provides T1, T2 lifts along with complete fitness statistics data, recorded during swimming, cycling and running.
- The Forerunner 310XT is devoid of any major defects, however its battery life is way too short as compared to other entry-level multisport watches.
- The screen of the Forerunner does get foggy underwater, however the bright LED and crispy display makes up for it.
As can be concluded from the Garmin Forerunner 310XT review, the Forerunner 310XT is power-packed with superior features held within its elegant and unassuming design. Its plus points are ease of usage and triathlon functions, which rank it as the best multisport watch for beginners in the recent times.