Theses related posts may be helpful for you
- Best Waterproof Fitness Trackers reviews [updated 2017]
- Finding the Best Workout Watches 2017
- Best Calorie Counter Watches Review [updated 2017]
- Best Heart Rate Monitor Watches Review [updated 2017]
- 2017 Best Sport Watches for Men reviews
- 2017 Best Sport Watches for Women reviews
- The Best Cheap Fitness Accessories You Should Have
- Top 10 Best Fitness Tracker Apps Reviews
- 2017 Best Fitness Tracker for Kids review
One of the latest GPS-equipped fitness wearables, the Garmin Forerunner 920XT comes with a host of enticing features and is designed to deliver top-notch performance in many different sports, right from running and cycling to swimming. Its unique selling proposition is the presence of triathlon functions, which makes it a dedicated workout wearable and as well as a training tool for serious triathletes. The ease of its usage is refreshing, considering the sophistication in its technology, and it appeals to one and all owing to its aesthetic sporty design.
Keep reading the Garmin Forerunner 920XT review to know more!
I. Main features
- Performance: The major highlight of the 920XT is its triathlon function, I.e its capacity to record all three events like biking, running and swimming at one go, without stopping at the transitions.
- Battery: The 920XT has a battery life of twenty four hours on training mode and a standby of 40 hours.
- Heart rate detector: Its in-built heart rate sensor is as accurate and reliable as a chest strap, and measures cardio performance without losing connectivity even for a second.
- Waterproofing activity: Apart from being splash-proof and sweat-resistant it is waterproof too, and thus can be suitably used to measure underwater performance.
- Apps: Its wireless feature allows easy sharing, syncing as well as transferring of data from across smartphones and other third-party applications.
The Garmin Forerunner 920XT is one of those rare workout watches that is much more than just fitness tracking of daily workouts. It carries specialized features of fitness tracking during various events like biking, swimming, walking and running. Also it monitors cardio performance by metting out timely alerts of heart rates. In spite of the complicated functions it is surprisingly easy to use, with one-button controls on a dial screen that is intuitive and easy to navigate.
III. Pros & Cons
- Unlike other GPS workout watches, this one supports a wifi which makes it easy to sync with your phone and apps, in order to transfer health stats or upload it on the Garmin online community of fitness enthusiasts.
- The triathlon attribute of this tracker allows you to monitor and set up data in each of legs of a triathlon, as well as transitions. This allows a comprehensive tracking in terms of speed, pace, performance, heart rate, step count and caloric burn, and no doubt makes it apt for effective triathlete training.
- The heart rate sensor of this watch has the same sensitivity and accuracy as a chest strap, and can measure average heart beat as well as heart zones during continuous sessions of aerobic workouts.
- Its clear dial screen and waterproofing activity allows you to see through your foggy glasses and track performance at the time of swimming as well.
- The altimeter of 920XT enables a more detailed analysis of performance during biking, as it gives accurate elevation readings and enables you to gauge directions.
- At 2.2 x 1.9 x 0.6 inches, the Forerunner 920XT is quite large and bulky, although the straps lend a very snug feel to the wrist.
- The battery life could do with some extension, as the Forerunner 920XT lasts only up to 25 hours in the training mode, while its rivals can go months on a single charge.
So what can be logically concluded from Garmin Forerunner 920XT review, is that the 90XT is one of those rare GPS-enabled watches which has all the requisite features to measure performance in various conditions, like the gym, on bike or underwater. Presence of standout features like the bright colour display, live tracking as well as smartphone notifications sets apart the forerunner 920XT from its counterparts and ascribes it as par excellence. Its ingrained heart rate sensor and accelerometer, along with triathlon functions makes it worth an investment for serious athletes as well as beginners in fitness training.