Theses related posts may be helpful for you
- Best Waterproof Fitness Trackers reviews [updated 2017]
- Finding the Best Workout Watches 2017
- Best Calorie Counter Watches Review [updated 2017]
- Best Heart Rate Monitor Watches Review [updated 2017]
- 2017 Best Sport Watches for Men reviews
- 2017 Best Sport Watches for Women reviews
- The Best Cheap Fitness Accessories You Should Have
- Top 10 Best Fitness Tracker Apps Reviews
- 2017 Best Fitness Tracker for Kids review
While fitness tracker market has seen the rise of superwatch and multi-functional wrist band, Garmin Vivofit Fitness Band chose a different path. It was not designed to go to a fancy ball with you or make you a workout freak. Garmin Vivofit focuses on the most essential functions rather than designs. With its affordable price and reliability, you can enjoy using a fitness tool for a really long time without worrying about its maintenance.
I. Main features
- Estimated calories burnt counter.
- LCD screen showing time.
- Continuous heart rate monitoring (heart rate monitor is sold separately).
- Sleep quality tracker.
- Steps and Walking/Running Distance tracker.
- Activity encouragement.
Garmin Vivofit Fitness Band has been known for the cheaper replacement of Nike and Fitbit trackers. It does as what a normal pedometer would do: counting your steps, tracking your walking distance, giving you the estimated calories burnt after each work out/ exercise, giving you data via syncing with phone and computer.
But Vivofit was aimed to reach a certain level. It was built to last for a very long time: one year. For many modern fitness trackers, battery is really a problem when it requires regular charge. It, however, is not a thing for Garmin Vivofit. With lithium battery, the same thing that is used for normal watched, a Vivofit can last for the whole year with just a single charge. Moreover, the total water-proof gives you an upperhand if you have a thing for swimming rather than running/walking. Garmin Vivofit also monitors your sleeping pattern and quality.
If you are enthusiastic with your training but have limited time, Vivofit can provide you a solution. The built in activity encouragement will give you a warning if you have sit for too long by showing a red bar on its screen. However it does not come with vibration so make sure to check the screen whenever you have time.
III. Pros & Cons
- Really low maintenance.
- Affordable price.
- The design does not bring a pro or fancy feeling.
- Screen with not backlit.